Saturday, September 18, 2010

Give me a carrot and a copy of 1984 please.


Michelle Obama thinks we need to be reprogrammed to eat healthier.

... substituting wheat pasta for white pasta in your regular recipes, or taking out an existing -- taking an existing dish and cutting the amount of butter or cream -- not enough to sacrifice flavor -- we all like flavor -- but just enough to make a meaningful difference in the amount of calories and fat.

It could mean serving 1 percent or skim milk. Or you could make healthy sides like apple slices or carrots the default choice in a menu and make fries something customers have to request
Wow. I had to shotgun a pint of heavy cream just to calm down after reading this.

This is so patently absurd that I'm not even going to bother to comment on it. But I felt it was my patriotic duty to order Good Calories Bad Calories and Mark Sisson's book from Amazon and have them sent to the White House by express mail. Maybe the First Lady will read them and get a clue before we all end up locked away in health gulags and force fed carrots and skim milk by jackbooted soldiers.

4 comments:

  1. I agree: ABSURD and idiotic. And I am really growing weary of people assuming that, because I've changed my "diet", that means I have to avoid fat. This whole fat-fear thing is over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, great idea but do you think they might actually read them and have the audacity to admit a mistake on their and the entire government's part? Snicker.
    Sorry, my libertarian streak is showing.
    TPSW

    ReplyDelete
  3. TPSW,

    I think anyone who makes speeches about the government needing to reprogram people has way, way too much audacity.

    ReplyDelete