Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sometimes You Gotta Cheat

Or at least I do. Not for myself you understand, but as a responsible, or perhaps irresponsible parent.

I try to avoid grains as much as possible these days. This runs up against one problem--kids love pizza. I don't mind it a lot myself. I worked as a pizza cook in high school and ate pizza every day for a year and never got sick of it. And the only thing my kid loves more than eating pizza is making pizza. There is plenty of mess to be made what with throwing around the flour in the guise of mixing and kneading and such. Anyway, this is something I occasionally indulge in even though I try to stay more or less paleo, or at least primal, most of the time. It's a father-son project so I'm not going to sweat the occasional wheat hit.

I warned you. Die hard paleoticians avert your gaze now.

Those may look like ordinary rolling pins but they are actually Roley and, uhm, his little brother or something. All I know for sure is that they talk and sometimes have misunderstandings with the dough. I don't know what the name of the dough is.

The chef must sample his product for quality control of course.

Here's what it looked like going in the oven, red and yellow bell peppers, bacon and half jalapenos for the adults.

The finished product. Pure evil!

2 comments: