Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Jump Sucks


I just noticed I can't touch the ceiling in our flat which is 292 cm (9' 7"). I'm pretty close but definitely not there. Considering I could dunk a volleyball in college--not much of a feat considering I'm almost 6'4"--that's a hell of a difference. Heavy squats with a toe raise are a great way to increase jump height but I don't do any gym work so I'm going to add more box jumps and other explosive bodyweight leg work in an effort to increase my jump.

And of course losing more weight would help a lot. Still got a ways to go on that front.

Having a specific goal is a good motivator in exercise especially when one only does bodyweight stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone can dunk a volleyball. Try do it with something heavy instead! Like a basketball for instance!

    ReplyDelete