Saturday, November 17, 2012

Salad Addiction

Lately, we've been on something of a salad kick. Not the kid, he still wants mostly meat and potatoes, but my wife and I have been primarily eating big ass salads for dinner. Here's a pretty typical mix of vegetables: romaine lettuce, spinach, red cabbage, bell pepper, and tomato:


And plenty of balkánský sýr (feta but made locally from cow's milk--what am, I made of money?) and chicken chunks on top. You didn't think I was talking about a vegetarian salad, did you? The wine was pretty decent for 160 Kč (~ 8 bucks).


The dressing is a basic honey mustard vinaigrette:

1 cup olive oil
4 1/2 tbsp vinegar (I used balsamic)
3-4 cloves of diced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp honey
lots of black pepper and some salt


Dobrou Chut'!

No comments:

Post a Comment